Thursday, September 18, 2014

Beach Chic



These are some of my favorite shots from our trip. My grandparents little beach house, Averitts Favorite, is in the background of the sea oats. My uncle designed the house after hurricane Opal destroyed the first one from 1978. It's such a special place and holds so many memories for my family. E and I hadn't been back for five years. I cried with laughter on so many occasions during this trip, missing my grandmother. I'm so happy I took videos of her so I can visit her often. Funny how playing solitaire, whistling through my teeth just makes me feel like she is in the room with me!


Waking up at the crack of dawn to catch the light was my absolute favorite, restorative part of the trip. I love the bubbles in the sand of the early morning tide.









These dunes weren't here five years ago. Wonderful how much they have grown up.



My little sea oats series is from the front deck looking over the Gulf of Mexico.


It was so humid that the fog on my lens created this fantastic filter. I want to blow this shot up for the house on a huge canvas. I love the soft feeling of the light, the birds dotting the middle of the frame and the matching sky and sand.


That soft pink. Wish I could find a paint color to match this pink.



Every evening the sky and water changed color within moments.




Looking east to Sandestin.


One morning we saw the moon at 6:30 am. 
















We are back in the thick of life, but again, feeling energized for what is to come this fall.



4 comments:

Samma said...

Just gorgeous! I have been loving all your pics on IG, and these are just as beautiful.

Maureen said...

Nelle! This app will astound you when it comes to matching colors……even from a photo. I use it all the time! http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/try-on-colors/colorsnap-mobile/

Nelle Somerville said...

Thanks Samma! One of these days we'll be down there at the same time. Maureen I'm going to check this out! Thank you. xoxo

Sara Ballesteros said...

Simply STUNNING!!!! Love each pic. I had no idea you quite the photographer! Love your grandparents charming beach house. So sweet.