Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Hundred-Foot Journey


We sucked the last minute out of this Friday night. We were exhausted from an exhausting week. But we rallied and had dinner in Harbor East at Lebanese Taverna, outside on this perfect no-humidity night in Baltimore. I looked up the movie listing at Landmark and we had 20 minutes before The Hundred-Foot Journey began. Dinner and a movie. Score.

We absolutely loved this movie. Both of us. It was a $25.00 trip to France. The landscapes. The food markets. The colors of the spices. Oh our weary end of the week souls were lifted. I've worked in the food industry for years. My parents and grandparents owned a gourmet gift shop. Food is such a big part of who I am. I'm not kidding, I wept three times to the point I needed to pull out a handkerchief (yes I had one in my purse) and my eyes stung from the tears. Oh how I wish I could have taken my grandmother to see this with me. Just like I loved Julie and Julia, I will buy this DVD and watch it over and over again. 

Mom. Dad. Susan. Mary T. All of my people. You must go see this movie. It is an absolute delight. Now, where to go spice shopping in Baltimore? 


No comments: